Developed by IPC with support of the Wire Harness Manufacturer’s Association, IPC/WHMA-A-620 is the industry standard for cable and wire harness fabrication and installation.
This theory-only training is aimed at equipping delegates with the knowledge required to understand procedures for fault finding, rectification, methods of soldering and quality of finished product on cable and wire harness assemblies.
Successfully completing the course will enable delegates to improve their ability to correctly discriminate between an acceptable and unacceptable cable or wire harness assembly as specified in the IPC/WHMA-A-620 Standard.
- Module 1: Introduction, General / Applicable Documents
- Module 2: Crimp Terminations & Insulation Displacement Connection (IDC)
- Module 3: Soldered Terminations
- Module 4: Connectorization and Over-Molding / Potting
- Module 5: Splices
- Module 6: Marking and Labelling, Wire Bundle Securing, Shielding, Cable / Wire Harness Protective Coverings, Finished assembly Installation
- Module 7: Ultrasonic Welding and Solderless Wrap
- Module 8: Coax / Biaxial Cables
- 3 days
- Glenrothes Campus
Ideal candidates will currently, or soon be working in the electronics manufacturing sector with a responsibility for the quality and reliability of cable or wire harness assemblies.