Developed by IPC with support of the Wire Harness Manufacturer’s Association, IPC/WHMA-A-620 is the industry standard for cable and wire harness fabrication and installation.
This theory-only training is intended to refresh delegates’ existing knowledge required to correctly discriminate between an acceptable and unacceptable cable or wire harness assembly as specified in the IPC/WHMA-A-620 Standard.
- Module 1: Introduction, General / Applicable Documents
- Module 2: Crimp Terminations and Insulation Displacement Connection (IDC)
- Module 3: Soldered Terminations
- Module 4: Connectorisation and Over-Molding / Potting
- Module 5: Splices
- Module 6: Marking and Labelling, Wire Bundle Securing, Shielding, Cable / Wire Harness Protective Coverings, Finished assembly Installation
- Module 7: Ultrasonic Welding and Solderless Wrap
- Module 8: Coax / Biaxial Cables
- 3 days
- Glenrothes Campus
Ideal candidates will currently be in a role with a responsibility for the quality and reliability of cable or wire harness assemblies, and must already hold current and valid CIS certification.