- It is expected that apprentices following this framework will take up to 24 months to complete
- This includes off-the-job training
Each apprentice is required to achieve the following qualification:
- SVQ in Hairdressing and Barbering at SCQF Level 5
Each apprentice is required to achieve the following Core Skills:
- Communication SCQF Level 3 F425 04
- Working with Others SCQF Level 3 F42M 04
- Problem Solving SCQF Level 3 F442H 04
- Information and Communication Technology SCQF Level 3 F42D 04
- Numeracy SCQF Level 3 F429 04
All Core Skills must be separately certificated as the Core Skills mapping exercise demonstrated that these skills were not embedded in the hairdressing and barbering SVQs.
While there is no formal requirement for enhancement to the framework, employers may provide additional training linked to products and equipment used in the salon.