This Modern Apprenticeship enables employees gain the skills and knowledge needed for many different roles in the spirits industry. It is ideal for those who are looking to develop a career in this area and want to get a qualification while working. From small to large businesses, we will ensure that the course is tailored around you and your business.
This course is designed for those looking to start a career or working in the spirits industry. The course consists of SVQ Spirits Operations, Core Skills and IBD Certificate in Distillation or Packaging.
You must be in employment within the sector in order to take this course.
- Monitor Food Safety at Critical Control Points in Food and Drink Operations
- Monitor Health, Safety and Environmental Management Systems in Food Manufacture
- Monitor and Maintain Product Quality in Food and Drink Operations
- Selection of units depending on operation can include :
- Malting, Milling, Mashing, Fermentation, Distilling, Flavouring and Cask Filling. This would be discussed with assessor.
- Health and Safety
- Core Skills
- IBD Certificate in Distillation or Packaging
- Production process
- Effective time management
- Organisational skills
- Operating a variety of manufacturing machines and systems
- Fault-finding and problem-solving
- Working with Others
- No specific qualifications but good general education.