Moving and handling provides you with an understanding of industry standard safe practice to be implemented when moving and handling people/objects, so as to minimise the risk of injury to yourself or the service users. Training is designed for those in the care sector, whose working role requires them to undertake moving and handling activities, and the course can be tailored to suit the your workplace.
This course is designed to give you an insight into some of the risks of poor manual handling and equip you with the skills to use manual handling techniques as well as appropriate equipment. The training ensures that you are aware of the risks inherent with poor manual handling and how to respond in an emergency situation.
You will be continually assessed throughout the course which will consist of theory assessment, group discussions, and practical sessions whereby training will be given on how to safely carry out moving and handling techniques and the safe use of manual handling equipment.
- Two days
- 9:15am - 4pm
- Dunfermline Campus
- Levenmouth Campus
By the end of the course you will have a better understanding of the following:
- Policy and Procedures
- Guidelines and regulations
- Undertaking risk assessments
- Safe handling technique
- Why correct technique is important
- Bad practice and how to avoid it
- Moving and handling equipment
- Moving and transferring service users
- Preventing injury from manual handling
- You are required to complete an online assessment prior to the training days. A pass mark of 75% is required to progress onto training days