MRS Training & Rescue are experts in working at height safely and offer a range of highly practical courses suitable for all industries.
The two day Working at Height and Rescue course covers safety requirements when working in / on wind turbines; requirements of UK and European legislation relevant to wind turbine work activities; hazards associated with working in / on wind turbines; use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE); fall protection systems for working in wind turbines; being able to deal with an emergency situation
The course is approximately 25% theory and 75% practical with an assessment at the end. Upon successful completion, delegates receive a GWO certificate valid for 2 years.
Theory Phase - Use appropriate knowledge for working at height and rescue from wind turbines
In this part of the course we explain:
- General safety requirements; before commencing work, working in the turbine, before climbing a turbine / taking control of the turbine, climbing the turbine, after work in the turbine, emergencies.
- UK and European legislation relevant to wind turbine work activities; employer duties, employee duties.
- Hazards associated with working in / on wind turbines, assessing level of risk from hazards associated with working in / on wind turbines and how these are controlled (risk assessment).
- Selection, inspection and correct use of appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Ladders provided - inspections, frequency and dealing with defects.
- Types of fall protection systems provided for working in / on wind turbines including principle of operation. Selection, inspection and correct use of fall protection systems and equipment.
- Emergency situations, fire, harness suspension leading to pre-syncope episode, personal injury / illness. Equipment provided for dealing with an emergency, Portable fire extinguisher(s), First aid kit, Evacuation box.
Practical Phase - Apply industry specific knowledge for working at height and rescue from wind turbines
A series of practical exercises to test your new height safety skills on our GWO approved work at height training rigs. You’ll cover:
- Practice exercise with PPE undertaking inspection on ladder
- Selection, inspection and correct use of appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Selection, inspection and correct use of fall protection systems and equipment
- Practical session using fall protection systems
- Self rescue - Rescue of a conscious / unconscious casualty from a vertical ladder
- Dealing with emergencies requiring use of rescue / evacuation devices - Rescue of a conscious/unconscious casualty from the nacelle side. Rescue of casualty from within or from the side of the hub. Assisted rescue
During this phase you will be continually assessed by our trainers.
- £370 +VAT
- MRS Training & Rescue, Main Street, Crossgates, Cowdenbeath, Fife, KY4 8DH