This short course gives you the chance to find out what counselling is all about and to practice basic counselling skills.
Please note that we are currently reviewing our counselling courses as part of our continuous improvement policy. We are still welcoming applications at this point and will ensure any updates are communicated.
- Basic counselling skills
- Empathy, congruence and unconditional positive regard
- Counselling provision in the local area
- 12 Weeks – one evening class per week from 6-9pm
- This evening class requires no formal entry requirements
In addition, internal applicants will also require a positive Internal Learner Reference (ILR).
- Unit: Counselling: Theory for Practice SCQF Level 6
- A variety of careers that require counselling skills