This course will give you a good foundation for any career working with people. It focuses on the theories, the process and techniques of counselling.
- Identification of various counselling “schools” and the main focus of their theories
- Application of appropriate counselling in relation to client needs
- Boundary issues
- Counselling process
- Extension of basic skills
- Application of concepts to self and own experience to demonstrate personal growth
- 24 Weeks – one evening per week from 6-9pm
One of the following:
- Unit: Counselling: An Introduction SCQF Level 5
- Industrial experience or other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
In addition, internal applicants will also require a positive Internal Learner Reference (ILR).
- HNC: Counselling SCQF Level 7
A variety of careers that require counselling skills