This course will introduce you to initial start-up and basic transactions inputs. This course is ideal for those who wish to update their book-keeping skills by using a market leading package. This unit may also be of interest to small businesses who wish to operate their accounts on a computerised system.
This unit is part of the HNC: Accounting framework and is delivered using the accounting software package SAGE. It is delivered part-time in the evening or morning and runs for 12 weeks, although you may complete in a shorter time scale.
You will cover the following units:
- Getting Started and Setting up the Sales Ledger
- Setting up the Purchase Ledger/Nominal Ledger/Fixed Assets Register
- Processing Sales Invoices/Purchase Invoices/Cheques from Debtors and to Suppliers/Bank Receipts and Payments
- Customising Final Accounts
- Adjusting for Accruals and Prepayments
- Month End Procedures and Reports
- VAT Returns
- 12 weeks
- Part-time (morning or evening)
- You are required to have good keyboarding skills, as well as some knowledge of basic book-keeping
- PDA in Book-keeping
- HNC: Accounting
- HNC: Administration and Information Technology
- This course provides an additional skill for someone employed in a book-keeping environment.