This course will allow you to define the skills required to safely benefit from, participate in and contribute to the digital world of today and the future.
You will learn how to manage and store information including identifying and solving technical problems. You will engage with a number of operating systems and applications, allowing you to check for OS and app updates. When searching for information online you will apply filters relating to time or origin and image database searches. You will be able to check the relevance and reliability of sources when searching online. Across devices you will become familiar with folder structures, file information including metadata and tagging, including file sizes.
You will be provided with a FREE digital device to help you get started. And if you successfully complete the course, not only will you be awarded a BCS Level 1 Essential Digital Skills for Work qualification – you’ll get to keep the device!
Skills developed include;
- Getting the most from your devices
- Protecting your device and data from online threats
- Identifying and solving common technical problems
- Comparing and identifying the best online buying options
- Checking the relevance and reliability of sources when searching online
- Learning about folder structures and file information
- Protecting your privacy and data
- Managing and storing information
- Creating and editing documents and digital media
- Developing a healthy relationship with technology
- 6 hours tutor-led online per week, over 9 weeks.
- Handling information and content
- Problem solving
- Being safe and legal online
- This course is designed for those with some experience of using digital devices and the internet but who would like to feel more confident in their digital skills.
- The course is free of charge and a digital device will be provided by Fife College.
Intermediate Certificate: Computing with Digital Media Level 5.
- Customer service
- Enquire Now or call our Sales Team on 0344 248 0128