Budgeting plays a key role in business planning - it enables you to monitor performance and keep an eye out for danger signs. This training programme will help you prepare budgets, make informed budgeting decisions, and effectively communicate financial information to business partners and the bank.
It is ideal for business professionals without an accountancy or finance background.
• What a budget is
• When to budget
• Why businesses complete budgets
• Component parts of an operational budget
• What an operational budget looks like
• Sources of information for figures in operational budgets
• Factors that influence figures in operational budgets
• The scope of an operational budget
• How to calculate figures for an operational budget
Cash flow budgets
• Component parts of a cash flow budget
• What a cash flow budget looks like
• Sources of information for figures in cash flow budgets
• Factors that influence figures in cash flow budgets
• How to calculate figures for a cash flow budgetUsing budgets to manage and control the business
• The budgeting process
• The importance of completing budgets
• How to use budgets
After completing the budgeting training programme, you'll be able to:
• prepare budgets and make informed budgeting decisions
• effectively communicate financial information to business partners and the bank.
Virtual Classroom Courses
This training will be delivered through Microsoft Teams in real time, facilitated by our experienced trainers
- This trainer-led course is delivered in a virtual classroom over two half-day sessions
- Price includes all course materials
- There are no formal entry requirements.
- This course would benefit all levels of staff within an organisation
We offer a range of other short courses such as Finance for Non-financial Managers, or learners may wish to develop their management skills by undertaking the CMI Diploma in Management and Leadership.