This course enables candidates who have experience on Counterbalance Trucks up to 10 ton to transfer their skills to the larger 16 ton model.
The course follows a carefully devised programme and is designed for those with proficient experience to build on their basic skills.
Depending on venue course can be adapted to carry out job specific training.
This course is aimed at those operators who have previously received formal basic operator training and are appropriately certified to operate a counterbalance truck up to 10 tons.
The course is approved by the Road Transport Industry Training Board (RTITB). On completing this 7 hour course participants will be able to:
- Operate the truck safely in accordance with accepted good operating practice
- Understand the causes of instability of loads and truck
- Carry out correctly the routine pre‑use inspections of the truck
- Short course
- Customer premises
- Candidates are required to provide satisfactory evidence of existing qualification or skills
- Once this course is completed students may undertake further training in driving various other types of plant equipment
- Opportunities exist in the Retail and Distribution Industry for successful students to gain employment as forklift drivers