This short course is designed to update experienced gas engineers and will enable you to prove your competence in the ACS assessments.
Liquid Petroleum Gas (Changeover) Permanent Dwellings, Residential Park Homes and Leisure Accommodation Vehicles comprises the following core competencies:
- Gas safety regulations
- LPG origin and properties
- Safety with LPG
- Pipe sizing
- Pressure loss calculations
- Pipe installation
- Soundness testing
- Ventilation caravans
- Practical exercises
- Types of regulators and faults
- Air tests and pressure lost tests
- 1 day training and 1 day assessment
- This course is delivered in a classroom environment, where you will also be assessed in the College on your knowledge of both theory and practical aspects
- The awarding body for this course is BPEC
- National Gas Training and Assessment Centre, Fife College, Dunfermline Campus, Pittsburgh Road, Dunfermline, KY11 8DY
You must be an experienced gas engineer with appropriate City & Guilds/SVQ qualifications in gas, plumbing/ventilation.
Those wishing to be reassessed are required to present evidence of previous ACS accreditation to the Centre before the assessment can take place.
Supervisory role as a:
- Quality Assurance Engineer
- Manager of Installation or Sales Teams