Leading and managing people involves creating successful working teams at all levels of an organisation. This means motivating, developing the skills of your team and encouraging their involvement.
This course will enable you to gain an insight into your current leadership style and provide you with tools and approaches to further enhance your leadership skills.
The aims of the course are:
• To understand the context for leadership and my leadership approach
• To understand the difference between a leader and a manager
• To understand situational leadership and intent-based leadership and how I can apply these
• To understand Emotional Intelligence and its links with leadership and develop my Emotional Intelligence as a leader
• To explore different models of change and to develop strategies for overcoming resistance to change
• To explore motivation and how I can motivate my team
• To develop action plans for improvement
This course is also accredited with a Professional Development Award (PDA) by the Institute of Leadership and Management.
A range of assessment tools and activities will be used to identify my leadership style. A context for leadership will be provided including deeper exploration of situational leadership and intent-based leadership in particular.
Emotional Intelligence and its link to leadership will be examined. Exploration of my own level of Emotional Intelligence and ways of developing my own Emotional Intelligence is included.
This session will focus on leading change with your team. This will include planning for change, stakeholder mapping, models to support organisational change and making change happen.
The final session will provide the opportunity to explore motivating and engaging your team. This includes psychological contract and contemporary models of motivation. Action planning will take place to further enhance your leadership skills.
Virtual Classroom Courses
This training will be delivered through Microsoft Teams in real time, facilitated by our experienced trainers.
This trainer-led course is delivered in a virtual classroom over four half-day sessions:
- Monday 22 June (1.30pm - 4.30pm), & Friday 26 June (9.30am -12.30pm), & Monday 29 June (1.30pm - 4.30pm), & Friday 3 July (9.30am -12.30pm)
This engaging and interactive programme is targeted at Middle Managers and those leading major change initiatives.
- £395 – includes all course materials, refreshments and a 2 course lunch each day