This 2-day course is intended for managers and directors who wish to identify and develop the knowledge and skills associated with the strategic management of the organisation. It provides you with the opportunity to develop a broad understanding of the key steps within strategic positioning, planning and implementation.
- To develop a strategic understanding of the internal and external environments within which your organisation works
- To recognise the importance of managing collaborators, competitors, stakeholders, structures and systems
- To be able to review the current corporate strategic position and determine the desired future strategic position
- To develop your strategic planning skills and be able to assist in the production of a Strategic Plan
- To identify the hard and soft issues arising from the implementation of a strategic plan
- To develop the management skills required to manage the data and processes that can impact on the successful achievement of the strategic objectives.
Identify the current corporate strategic position and the tools that can be used to gather data for analysis from the external and internal environments. Analyse the results and identify the steps required to meet the current and future needs of the organisation.
Identify the key stages within the strategic planning process, including setting strategic objectives, identifying timescales and required resources. Explore and evaluate possible alternative strategies to meet the desired strategic position for the organisation.
Produce the Strategic Plan. Determine how this should be presented and consider its impact on stakeholders, both internal and external to the organisation. Securing ongoing stakeholder commitment and support.
Develop your skills around communication, developing alliances, involving people and gaining support. Develop skills to implement the strategy in light of the changing internal and external environment.
This engaging and interactive programme consists of 4 key sessions over 2 days employing a range of diagnostic and self-assessment tools, analytical models and tools, group discussions, case studies, and skill development.
Carnegie Conference Centre, Dunfermline
The programme is targeted at Middle and Senior Management and those who wish to develop their knowledge and skills to contribute at a strategic level within the organisation.
£395 – includes all course materials, refreshments and a 2 course lunch each day.