This qualification has been created to provide an awareness of key environmental concepts and an introduction to environmental management systems.
Environmental issues impact on every organisation. The rising costs of energy and raw materials, growing awareness of stakeholders and increasing environmental legislation are forcing organisations to address their own environmental performance.
Many organisations have identified that tackling environmental issues can bring benefits to their business including reduced waste and utility costs, reduced liabilities and access to new markets and investors.
This course will cover the following topics:
- Identify primary local and global environmental impacts of their organisation
- Understand key terms and definitions of pollution
- Learn basic principles, key concepts and importance of environmental law
- Identify the link between their jobs and a range of environmental impacts
- Understand business benefits of adopting an environmental management system
- Identify key issues related to energy use and carbon management, waste minimisation, water use, pollution and emergency planning
- This one day course is delivered at Carnegie Conference Centre
- There will be a short practical multiple choice exam
- This course is suitable for all members of staff whose activities could have a significant impact on the environment or supervisors or managers who are being introduced to environmental issues for the first time
- No formal entry requirements