This short course is designed to update experienced gas engineers and will enable you to prove your competence in the ACS assessments.
The course is designed to test the gas safety competencies of an operative in the installation and testing of commercial gas pipework.
The training and assessment includes all elements and standards utilised or impacted by operatives who may install or are required to connect or introduce fuel gas to commercial pipework.
- Initial Assessment: 1 day training and 1 day practical assessment
- Reassessment: 1/2 day training and 1/2 day practical assessment
- This course is delivered in a classroom environment, where you will be assessed on your knowledge of both theory and practical aspects
- The awarding body for this course is BPEC
- National Gas Training and Assessment Centre, Dunfermline Campus
You must be an experienced gas engineer with appropriate City & Guilds/SVQ qualifications in gas OR Commercial Core ie COCN1/COCNCO1.
Candidates wishing to be reassessed are required to present evidence of previous ACS accreditation at the Centre before the assessment can take place.
Supervisory role as a:
- Quality Assurance Engineer
- Manager of Installation or Sales Teams
- At a later date you may wish to extend your skills in domestic appliances, LPG or commercial/industrial gas installations