This qualification enables managers to develop their abilities as confident, well-practised coaches and mentors. It provides a critical understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a workplace coach and mentor.
Throughout the course, you will learn how to assess your own skills, behaviours and knowledge. You will be required to provide evidence of your own development and plan your further development. You will also plan, deliver and review coaching and mentoring within your organisation.
The programme consists of 3 mandatory units:
- Understanding how management coaching and mentoring can benefit individuals and organisations
- Reviewing own ability as a management coach or mentor
- Undertaking management coaching or mentoring in the workplace – this unit requires you to demonstrate your ability to plan, deliver and review at least 12 hours of coaching and mentoring in your workplace
- This qualification is designed for managers with significant responsibility for coaching and mentoring in part of their day-to-day role
- It will also support learners planning to move into a development role within their organisation
- You may progress onto various learning and development qualifications in training, assessment and verification, or to management development qualifications at higher levels
- This course is designed to meet the continuing personal and professional development needs of coaches and mentors
- It will provide you with new skills and improve your career prospects for the future within your organisation or to start a career as a freelance coach and mentor