This course aims to give candidates a basic understanding of the essentials of Health and Safety in the workplace.
The course is delivered as presentations, discussion and group working, and is assessed in order to provide a nationally recognised qualification from IOSH. The programme comprises 5 modules plus written and practical assessments.
The modules include:
- Introducing Working Safely
- Defining Hazard and Risk
- Identifying common hazards
- Improving safety performance
- Protecting our environment
- £110 for the E-learning course
- An awareness of Health and Safety issues and your company’s Health and Safety procedures would be an advantage but not essential
- Candidates may wish to consider a career in Health and Safety and follow a route to gain their NEBOSH General Certificate
- This course in itself does not open new career opportunities, but if the participant discovers an interest and aptitude, it could lead to further studies which could lead to a future role with a Health and Safety responsibility