The ATA Light Vehicle Inspection Technician Course will develop your skills around vehicle inspection techniques and engine & electrical diagnostics. The ATA Light Vehicle Inspection Technician Certificate is a recognised qualification by the DVSA.
We make learning easy, using 50% practical, 50% theory based study and using meaningful assessments that reflect the demands of today’s competitive industry, giving you a solid grounding in key principles and knowledge required.
Once complete you will gain your ATA Light Vehicle Inspection Technician Accreditation which is accepted as the first step towards achieving your MOT Testers License.
To attain accreditation, you will be required to successfully complete a range of practical and knowledge based assessments.
- Steering suspension, wheel/tyre inspection
- Vehicle emissions inspection and diagnostics
- Vehicle appraisal inspection and reporting
- Vehicle electrical inspection/fault finding
- SRS inspection and diagnostics
- Vehicle body and corrosion inspection
- Braking System Inspection
- Online Assessment
After completion of the course you will be able to calibrate emission test equipment before testing a vehicle, accurately inspect a vehicle, diagnose faults and correct repair requirements. You will gain knowledge of the appropriate wiring diagram required for the electrical systems of the vehicle being tested, and have the skills to apply it.
- 4 days delivered over 2 weeks (2 days per week)
- Assessment only option - 1 day
- Contact us for upcoming dates
- Glenrothes Campus
For entry on to the Level 3 Inspection Technician course, it is necessary to have a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a working garage at diagnostic technician level, maintaining and repairing vehicles with a wide range of faults, and also a good understanding of MOT testing.
Successful completion of the Level 3 Inspection Technician Course will give you a valuable academic qualification recognised by the DVSA that demonstrates your skill and also provides access to the next stage in your journey to becoming a qualified MOT Tester.
- MOT Tester in the Motor Industry
- Four days training and assessment - £700 per person (maximum 5 in class)
- One day assessment only - £450 person (maximum 2 in class)