There are many occasions when you may need to negotiate with internal or external customers either through formal or informal negotiations.
The aim of this course is to enable you to:
- Understand negotiation and influencing processes
- Carry out the necessary planning for an effective negotiation
- Recognise strategies for successful bargaining
- Develop an influencing style
- Understand different personalities involved in negotiations
- Understand communication exchanges during negotiations
This course will cover the following topics:
- Defining negotiation
- Types of negotiations
- The negotiation process
- Negotiation skills
- Phases of negotiation
- Negotiation tactics
- ‘Reading’ people
- Negotiation simulations
- Personal development planning
This one-day programme* is based around a number of negotiation simulations whereby you can practise the skills required to negotiate effectively. These simulations are augmented by input on a variety of relevant topics and you are encouraged to carry out self-analysis on their effectiveness at negotiating. The simulated negotiations are evaluated by the trainer and by yourself. You ultimately produce a personal development plan for transfer of skills and knowledge back at work.
* Virtual classroom-based courses are delivered online over two half-days
Virtual Classroom Courses
This training will be delivered through Microsoft Teams in real time, facilitated by our experienced trainers.
- This trainer-led course is delivered in a virtual classroom over two half-day sessions
- Monday 29 June (1.30pm - 4.30pm), & Tuesday 30 June (9.30am -12.30pm)