This course provides the underpinning knowledge to enable health and safety duties in the workplace to be undertaken more effectively. It is relevant for managers, supervisors, and employee representatives with health and safety responsibilities. This comprehensive course gives an excellent grounding in the fundamentals of occupational safety and health management.
The course comprises of two separately assessed units:
- Management of health and safety (IG1)
- Risk assessment (IG2)
The following elements are covered:
Management of health and safety (IG1)
- Why we should manage workplace health and safety.
- How health and safety management systems work and what they look like.
- Managing risk – understanding people and processes.
- Health and safety monitoring and measuring.
Risk assessment (IG2)
- Physical and psychological health
- Musculoskeletal health
- Chemical and biological agents
- General workplace issues
- Work equipment
The International General Certificate looks at everyday solutions for general workplace health and safety issues.
When you have completed the qualification, you will be able to:
- justify the need for health and safety improvements;
- advise on duties for health and safety in the workplace;
- help your organisation to manage contractors;
- work within a health and safety management system;
- positively influence health and safety culture and behaviour;
- carry out a general risk assessment (using a 5-step approach) of your workplace;
- recognise workplace changes and their impacts and understand how to minimise these impacts;
- develop basic safe systems of work that include emergency arrangements and know when to use a permit-to-work system;
- take part in incident investigations; and help your employer check the effectiveness of their health and safety management system through monitoring, auditing and review.
- One year licence
- There are no entry requirements for this qualification, however it is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language in order to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus.
- NEBOSH recommends that learners undertaking this qualification should reach a minimum standard of English equivalent to an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or higher in IELTS tests.
- International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- Relevant to every workplace, the NEBOSH International General Certificate is ideal for managers, supervisors and anybody with health and safety management responsibilities. It’s also perfect for those embarking on a health and safety career and gives you a stepping stone to success.
- £550 (no exam offered)