There are many occasions when you may need to negotiate with internal or external customers either through formal or informal negotiations.
This one-day programme is based around a number of negotiation simulations whereby you can practise the skills required to negotiate effectively. These simulations are augmented by input on a variety of relevant topics and you are encouraged to carry out self-analysis on their effectiveness at negotiating. The simulated negotiations are evaluated by the trainer and by yourself. You ultimately produce a personal development plan for transfer of skills and knowledge back at work.
The aim of this course is to enable you to:
- Understand negotiation and influencing processes
- Carry out the necessary planning for an effective negotiation
- Recognise strategies for successful bargaining
- Develop an influencing style
- Understand different personalities involved in negotiations
- Understand communication exchanges during negotiations
This course will cover the following topics:
- Defining Negotiation
- Types of Negotiations
- The Negotiation Process
- Negotiation Skills
- Phases of Negotiation
- Negotiation Tactics
- ‘Reading’ People
- Negotiation Simulations
- Personal Development Planning
- One day, 9:30am - 4:30pm
- Price includes all course materials, refreshments, and a two course lunch
As well as being open to any individual, this course can be delivered:
- To meet individual company requirements
- To company house styles and templates
- Within company premises
- Specifically to a group or team of staff
- There are no formal entry requirements.
- This course would benefit all levels of staff within an organisation
We offer a range of other short courses such as Finance for Non-financial Managers, or learners may wish to develop their management skills by undertaking the CMI Diploma in Management and Leadership.