Our City & Guilds 2391 electrical installation testing courses (previously 2394 and 2395) are for practicing electricians who want to expand their skills and knowledge in the area of verification and periodic inspection and testing and continue their professional development.
City & Guilds 2391 courses on offer include:
- Initial verification 2391-50 (previously 2394)
- Periodic inspection and testing 2391-51 (previously 2395)
- Combined initial verification and periodic inspection and testing 2391-52 (previously 2394/2395)
This course offers the specialist knowledge and skills you need, including appropriate legislation, inspection and testing techniques, completing and issuing certificates or reports and understanding of results and measurements.
This level will suit you if you work as an operative within the electrotechnical industry.
There are three options that you can take, depending on your individual industry requirements, level of experience or prior knowledge.
You can choose to learn the skills involved in inspection and testing in stages (2391-50 and 2391-51) or as a combined assessment (2391-52):
2391-50: Initial Verification
Intended for those who wish to verify new installations, who perhaps will never need to carry out periodic inspection and testing.
2391-51: Periodic Inspection
Intended for those who have previously gained qualifications in initial verification, perhaps through a recognised apprenticeship and wish to expand their skills to include reporting on the condition of existing electrical installations.
2391-52: Combined Initial Verification and Periodic Inspection and Testing
Intended for experienced electricians who have never gained formal qualifications in inspection and testing or who may wish to update and reaffirm their skills.
- Four days for 2391-50 and 2391-51, and six days for 2391-52. Plus online and practical exams, which are normally a Friday afternoon or Wednesday evening
- Assessment will be through a multiple-choice on-line test and a practical task
- Glenrothes Campus
- 2391-50: Initial Verification – £675 per person
- 2391-51: Periodic Inspection – £675 per person
- 2391-52: Combined Initial Verification and Periodic Inspection and Testing – £1,100 per person*
*Special offer only £895 until 3 April 2020
- This course is intended for practicing electricians who want to expand their skills and knowledge in the area of initial verification and/or periodic inspection and continue their professional development
- You should have a working knowledge of the current edition of BS7671 wiring regulations, or have recently completed the BS7671 qualification
On successful completion, you can also progress on to the City & Guilds Level 4 Award in the Design and Verification of Electrical Installations.