This course is intended for anyone involved in hospitality and catering, care sector, food retailing and food processing and anyone who is interested in food hygiene.
It is a first step in food hygiene and will provide you with a basic understanding of food hygiene.
- Introduction to food hygiene
- Food poisoning and its prevention
- Personal hygiene
- The working environment
- Cleaning practices
- Pest control
- Food safety legislation
- The course is delivered online and takes around six hours.
- You will be sent a Food Hygiene Handbook and Question of Food Hygiene for Scotland workbook.
- While completing the course you will be provided with:
- Full on-going learner support
- A true multi-media experience
- Tutor guidance
- Online and offline access to learning materials
Exams are sat at Fife College and are scheduled at regular intervals.
- There are no formal entry requirements, however the ability to complete a short multiple choice exam is required
- £65 per person
- This course is eligible for ITA funding and may be available dependant on personal circumstances. If you wish to apply for ITA funding please go to the My World of Work website