This course is intended for anyone involved in hospitality and catering, care sector, food retailing and food processing and anyone who is interested in food hygiene.
It is a first step in food hygiene and will provide you with a basic understanding of food hygiene.
- Introduction to Food Hygiene
- Food Poisoning and its Prevention
- Personal Hygiene
- The Working Environment
- Cleaning Practices
- Pest Control
- Food Safety Legislation
The course is delivered online and takes around 6 hours.
You will be sent a Food Hygiene Handbook and Question of Food Hygiene for Scotland workbook. While completing the course you will be provided with:
- Full on-going learner support
- A true multi-media experience
- Tutor guidance
- Online and offline access to learning materials
The exam will be sat at College and exams are scheduled at regular intervals.
- No formal entry requirements, however the ability to complete a short multiple choice exam is required
- £65 per person
- ILA funding may be available dependant on personal circumstances