This course is suitable for qualified gas operatives who already hold a current CCN1 qualification. It aims to enable you to demonstrate your competence in safe gas working, in the testing and commissioning of a medium pressure regulator.
Training delivery is in the classroom/workshop using study books, PowerPoint presentation and practical exercises. It covers different makes of domestic pressure meter regulators including a pressure relief valve, metering installation excess flow valve and slam shut valve.
You will pressurise, test and purge the installation and use suitable labels and certificates to meet the requirements of a domestic medium pressure meter installation.
- ½ day training and ½ day assessment
- The ½ day open book assessment requires you to practically demonstrate competence on two installations and complete a multiple choice question paper
- National Gas Training and Assessment Centre, Dunfermline Campus
- CCN1 - Core Domestic Natural Gas Safety is a pre-requisite qualification
- Further develops the individual working for a Ofgem Approved Meter Installer (OAMI) or individuals seeking employment from a OAMI