This course provides training in Manual Lathe Operation (Centre Lathe) and producing turned parts, and is delivered by our Engineering professionals who are well-known throughout Fife for their expertise and quality.
- Health and safety in machine shop
- Machine shop induction
- General layout of the machine
- Parts of lathe
- Turning principles
- Various operation procedures
- Speed and feed calculations
- Discussing methods for turning different materials
- Facing off and chamfering
- Turning diameters
- Turning lengths
- Part off
- 3 hours per week over 6 weeks Friday morning 9.00am -12 noon or Friday afternoon 1.00pm – 4.00pm
- Glenrothes Campus
There is a basic Maths requirement. The course is designed for people who wish to move into the engineering sector (Machining) or for people who are already working in industry and would like to learn how to do basic manual turning.