The aim of this course is to enable people working in Administration or Office Technology to improve their working practice by developing their skills, knowledge and understanding of the routine Administrative role in the workplace.
You will undertake this qualification in your own workplace. It is possible to start the course at any point in the year. The flexibility of the course enables you to fit training around work commitments and your personal lifestyle.
The national standards for this award are set by the Council for Administration and are accredited by SQA who award the certificate. The prime source of evidence must be provided from your own workplace. The qualification is delivered as part of a continuous course with access at any time throughout the year. You will create a portfolio of evidence to prove that you have appropriate knowledge and understanding to can carry out your job competently in the work place.
The SVQ framework is made up of three mandatory core units and five optional units. The three mandatory units are:
• Unit 201 – Agree how to manage and improve own performance in a business environment
• Unit 202 – Undertake work in a business environment
• Unit 205 – Prepare to communicate in a business environment
The five optional units can also be chosen, from a selection of units, to reflect the work you do in your own job. The qualification can be tailored to meet individuals' and employers' needs.
- There are no formal entry qualifications required for this course but candidates must be working in an appropriate job role
- Appropriate National Qualification units will provide the underpinning knowledge for this qualification
- On successful completion of this course you can progress to the SVQ Level 3 SCQF Level 6 in Business and Administration
This SVQ course will provide you with an opportunity to develop and improve your competence in an administration environment and will result in an up-to-date qualification and so enhance career progression in this field.