This course is accepted for registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC). Visit the SSSC website for more information about registration requirements.
Obtaining the qualification is dependent upon demonstrating competence at a senior level e.g. senior practitioner or manager in the workplace, where you are responsible for managing staff. Accordingly, the approval of your employer is required.
- Leadership in a children and young people setting
- Child development
- Working with other professionals
- Legislation, policies and procedures
- Support and supervision
- Flexible learning: (to be completed in 18-24 months)
- This qualification is achieved through continual work based assessment
- You must be employed as a senior practitioner or manager and be employed for a minimum of 12 hours weekly
- In addition, you need to have been employed for six months before the start of the course
- SVQ: Social Services (Children and Young People) SCQF Level 7
- You will be required to demonstrate oral and written communication skills at SCQF Level 7 and have relevant work experience within the care sector
In addition, internal applicants will also require a positive Internal Learner Reference (ILR).
- BA Childhood Practice at university
- For further career enhancement and progression routes please visit the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) website for more information