The BS7671 18th Edition Wiring Regulations Course (City & Guilds 2382) is a three day electrical course studying BS7671 Requirement for Electrical Installations, 18th Edition. It is aimed at electricians and those involved in electrical installations, including electrical engineers and allied professionals.
This theory-based course will introduce you to a working knowledge of 18th Edition Wiring Regulations and encompasses all parts of the latest version of BS7671, including appendices.
- Assessment of general characteristics
- Protection for safety
- Selection and erection of equipment
- Inspection and testing
- Special locations
- Three days plus assessment taken at a later date (date to be advised by your tutor)
- Assessment will be an open-book (BS7671 only) on-line, two hour exam consisting of 60 multiple choice questions
- Glenrothes Campus
- Full funding available with the National Transition Training Fund and Energy Skills Partnership, find out if you are eligible here
- This course is designed for electricians and electrical engineers. Previous regulation knowledge is not essential; however, you are required to have a technical background and a reasonable knowledge of electrical installation work and basic principles.
- This qualification is a requirement for electricians to maintain their grade cards or those needing an understanding of the new wiring regulations, i.e. all types of electrician, or related careers such as electrical contracting, consultants, electrical engineers etc.
- This qualification is the standard set by the industry for all UK installations and is an essential requirement for electricians or domestic installers wishing to be part of the trade bodies (NICEIC, SELECT, Elecsa or NAPIT). Having previous regulation knowledge is not essential, however, a technical background and some knowledge of electrical principles is a compulsory requirement.