This course provides delegates with the fundamental knowledge and skills to use Windows PowerShell for administering and automating administration of Windows servers. This course provides the skills to identify and build the command they require to perform a specific task. In addition, delegates learn how to build scripts to accomplish advanced tasks such as automating repetitive tasks and generating reports.
This course provides prerequisite skills supporting a broad range of Microsoft products, including Windows Server, Windows Client, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SharePoint Server, Microsoft SQL Server, System Centre, and more. In keeping with that goal, this course will not focus on any one of those products, although Windows Server, which is the common platform for all of those products, will serve as the example for the techniques this course teaches.
This course is intended for IT Professionals who are already experienced in general Windows Server and Windows Client administration, and who want to learn more about using Windows PowerShell for administration. No prior experience with any version of Windows PowerShell, or any scripting language, is assumed. This course is also suitable for IT Professionals already experienced in server administration, including Exchange Server, SharePoint Server, SQL Server, System Centre, and others.
- Module 1: Getting started with Windows PowerShell
- Module 2: Cmdlets for administration
- Module 3: Working with the Windows PowerShell pipeline
- Module 4: Understanding how the pipeline works
- Module 5: Using PSProviders and PSDrives
- Module 6: Querying system information by using WMI and CIM
- Module 7: Working with variables, arrays, and hash tables
- Module 8: Basic scripting
- Module 9: Advanced scripting
- Module 10: Administering Remote Computers
- Module 11: Using background jobs and scheduled jobs
- Module 12: Using advanced Windows PowerShell techniques
- An in-depth knowledge of Windows networking technologies and implementation.
- An in-depth knowledge of Windows Server administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- An in-depth knowledge of Windows Client administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- A working knowledge of command line tools would be beneficial.
- 5 Days Virtual Classroom.