Developed by IPC with support of the Wire Harness Manufacturer’s Association, IPC/WHMA-A-620 is the industry standard for cable and wire harness fabrication and installation.
This course is designed for those candidates who are sufficiently confident in their existing knowledge to determine whether cable or wire harness assemblies are to be accepted or rejected, and the reasons why, that they can attempt the relevant IPC tests without the need for significant Instructor input.
- Module 1: Introduction, General / Applicable Documents
- Module 2: Crimp Terminations and Insulation Displacement Connection (IDC)
- Module 3: Soldered Terminations
- Module 4: Connectorisation and Over-Molding / Potting
- Module 5: Splices
- Module 6: Marking and Labelling, Wire Bundle Securing, Shielding, Cable / Wire Harness Protective Coverings, Finished assembly Installation
- Module 7: Ultrasonic Welding and Solderless Wrap
- Module 8: Coax / Biaxial Cables
- 1 day
- Glenrothes Campus
Candidates will possess a high level of knowledge, be regularly be regularly making decisions on the acceptability of cable or wire harness assemblies, and must already hold current and valid CIS certification.