This MA Food and Drink Operations is for those working in a range of different food and drink manufacturing. Developed by the National Skills Academy for Food and Drink and industry it provides opportunities for those working to gain industry related qualifications. Made up of three main parts – SVQ Food and Drink Operations SCQF level 5, Core Skills and Enhancements. The qualification enables employees to develop in their role. The course is a partnership with the employer, employee and College. An assessor/trainer throughout the course will support employees to achieve.
- The SVQ is 8 units and includes 2 mandatory units below:
- Maintain Workplace Food Safety Standards in Manufacture
- Work Safely in Food Manufacture
- The other 6 units are selected from a range of optional units that will be tailored to the employee and job role within the business. The units will be selected when a skills scan is undertaken by the assessor/trainer before commencement of MA.
- All Core Skills require separate certification at SCQF Level 4 or above.
- Communication at SCQF Level 4
- Working With Others at SCQF Level 4
- Problem Solving at SCQF Level 4
- Information and Communication Technology at SCQF Level 4
- Numeracy at SCQF Level 4
The apprentice must achieve two additional outcomes, including one in Food Safety or Food Hygiene
An additional outcome should be a relevant short course at a suitable level, which is a minimum of 10 learning hours
These will be discussed during the meeting with assessor/trainer.
- It is expected that apprentices following this framework will take 12 months to complete.
- MA Food and Drink Operations SVQ 3 at SCQF level 6.