ONE of the following S\NVQs must be achieved:
- NVQ in Industrial and Commercial Gas Installation and Maintenance 500/1720/2
- SVQ in Domestic Natural Gas Installation and Maintenance (ACS) G95A 23
- SVQ in Domestic Natural Gas Maintenance G956 23
- Gas Network Operations - Craft 100/2045/7
Equivalent S\NVQs from other awarding bodies may also be used.
ALL of the following Core Skills must be achieved. See below for separate certification requirements.
- Communication SCQF level 5 F427 04
- Working With Others SCQF level 4 F42N 04
- Problem Solving SCQF level 4 F42J 04
- Information Technology SCQF level 4 F42E 04
- Numeracy SCQF level 4 F42A 04
For candidates undertaking SVQs G95A 23, G956 23 Information Technology, Numeracy and
Working with Others, Core Skills must be separately certificated.
For candidates undertaking NVQ 100/2045/7, Communication, Information Technology and
Numeracy, Core Skills must be separately certificated.
Energy and Utility Skills Gas Modern Apprenticeship Workbook
All apprentices must complete the bespoke Gas Modern Apprenticeship Workbook which has been produced to complement this framework.
Energy and Utility Skills recommends the following qualifications as optional outcomes that will enhance the learning and skills development of the apprentice:
- IOSH or NEBOSH Health and Safety Courses
- Energy Efficiency Courses
- City & Guilds Domestic Natural Gas Installation and Maintenance level 2 VRQ
- City & Guilds Complex Domestic Natural Gas Installation and Maintenance level 3 VRQ
- City & Guilds Emergency Gas Operations level 3 VRQ