It is expected that apprentices following this framework will take 3 years to complete including off-the-job training.
Each apprentice is required to achieve the following Qualification:
- SVQ Domestic Plumbing & Heating (GK71 23) at SCQF level 7 (297 SCQF credit points)
Each apprentice is required to achieve the following Core Skills:
- Communication SCQF level 5 (6 credit points)
- Working with others SCQF level 5 (6 credit points)
- Problem Solving SCQF level 5 (6 credit points)
- Information and Communication Technology SCQF level 5 (6 credit points)
- Numeracy SCQF level 5 (6 credit points)
The Workplace Core Skills (SCQF Level 5) are embedded within the SVQ. No separate certification of these Core Skills is necessary.
Competence in a fuel option must meet the minimum standards laid down by the appropriate body i.e. Gas Safe (Gas), OFTEC (Oil), HETAS (Solid Fuel) and MCS (Emergent Technologies) and for an SVQ candidate on achievement of the full SVQ result in separate operative registration/recognition with the appropriate body. This in normal course will require a candidate as part of their SVQ to undertake bespoke training leading to an assessment to meet the requirements of the appropriate registration/certification/industry body.