This programme provides the participants with the knowledge of the different types of asbestos and its usage, the associated risks, risk reduction strategies, legislation and how it is managed. This course has a theoretical content and is delivered in a lecture room environment. The course is half a day’s duration depending on the students existing ability and understanding.
The word “asbestos” immediately triggers alarms in people’s minds but it is in use in many situations. This course is a must for maintenance personnel who work on buildings built before 1999 and may come into contact with asbestos.
- The employers and employees legal responsibilities
- History of asbestos and its uses
- Types of asbestos and their associated risks
- The effects of asbestos on workers’ health
- How to avoid the risk of exposure
- Procedures to deal with accidental exposure
- Short course
- On Site or Rosyth Campus