Gain a well-regarded qualification which displays your ability to conduct an internal health and safety audit, in any organisation.
Running for 14 hours over two consecutive days, our dynamic internal safety auditor course equips you with the knowledge and skills required to perform process audits of modern safety management systems, in accordance with the auditing guidelines of ISO 19,011.
Your specialist tutor is a practicing auditor, and chartered professional. They will guide you toward your training goal using practical anecdotal examples to help you relate the course content to your specific industry – drawing on their own wealth of experience conducting audits and working with Safety Management Systems.
The training goal, ultimately, is to equip you with sufficient knowledge and skills to conduct your own internal audits. The course will also include the development of personal communication skills, essential in the effective auditor.
Topics will include:
- ISO 45,001: the first, official International Standard for Health and Safety systems
- ISO 19,011: principles
- ISO 19,011: methodology
- ISO 19,011: audit preparation
- ISO 19,011: performance of quality audit
- SQMC methodology: Influencing with integrity
- The audit sample: best questions
- Corrective action reports: preparing the findings
- Corrective action reports: preparing the statements
- Audit Reports: mastering the art of clear and concise reporting
- Corrective action: following up and surveillance
- Preventive action
Training in internal auditing provides delegates with a broader understanding of the activities of an organisation, of their occupational health and safety system, and how it is implemented.
Positive communication channels are opened up or reinforced by a greater awareness of environmental procedures.
Successful participants are awarded with a Certificate of Successful Completion, issued by the Scottish Quality Management Centre (SQMC).
Attendance on this training course will provide you with 16 CPD points from the Chartered Quality Institute.
- Two consecutive days
- Delivered at Carnegie Conference Centre, Dunfermline
- Dynamic classroom-based training, featuring practical activities and continuous assessment; utilising accelerated learning techniques
- There are no formal entry requirements
- An overview of the ISO 45001:2018 standard features on day 1, making our course suitable for novices
- This course is ideal for anyone designated to carry out internal audits of your organisation’s safety management system
- This training course focuses on ISO 45001 – the globally recognised and followed International Standard relating to safety management systems, which supersedes OHSAS 18001
- It may also benefit those involved in the design, implementation, and continual improvement of a safety management system - either as an employee, or an external consultant