When you achieve the NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety, you will have the knowledge, skills and understanding to help your employer to prevent fires from happening and minimise fire impact if they do. In the long run, this could not only save lives but save your employer the huge costs associated with a major fire such as loss of business, repairs to buildings and equipment as well as those associated with criminal prosecution and claims for compensation.
Even a minor fire at a key production stage can mean very large losses for individual organisations. This relevant and respected fire safety qualification will help you to:
· Gain a solid technical foundation to build on through practical application and experience
· Positively influence fire safety behaviours and improve fire safety culture
· Learn fire safety techniques that are based on global best practice
· Provide valuable in-house fire safety expertise for you workplace
· Advance your career by gaining specialist fire safety knowledge
· Avoid the damaging and sometimes catastrophic losses that result from fire.
The course is assessed through an open book examination (FSC1) with a pass mark of 45% and a workplace practical risk assessment (FSC2) marked as either a pass or refer.
- Managing fire safety
- Principles of fire and explosion
- Fuel, oxygen and ignition sources and control measures
- Fire protection of buildings
- Safety of people in the event of fire
- Fire safety risk assessment
The Fire Safety Certificate (FSC) will allow you to:
- ensure your organisation meets its fire safety responsibilities;
- understand the risk to people and buildings from fire and explosion hazards;
- recognise what control measures will be required to prevent or mitigate the effects of fire and explosion;
- recognise what should be included in emergency plans and what should be done to ensure the effective evacuation of buildings; and
- prepare a fire risk assessment.
- 6 days; day Release:
- One day per week
- There are no entry requirements for this qualification, however it is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language in order to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus.
- NEBOSH recommends that learners undertaking this qualification should reach a minimum standard of English equivalent to an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or higher in IELTS tests.
- NEBOSH National diploma in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Relevant to every workplace, the NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety is ideal for managers, supervisors and anybody with fire safety management responsibilities. It’s also perfect for those embarking on a health and safety career and gives you a stepping stone to success.