When you achieve the NC, you make a real difference in the workplace. The qualification covers the main legal requirements relating to health and safety in UK construction work. The syllabus has been strongly aligned to the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction (UK) can help to:
• Minimise workplace injuries and illness
• Ensure you comply with Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM)
• Understand the responsibilities of the six roles in the CDM regulations
• Boost employee wellbeing
• Demonstrate your commitment to health and safety, which can help win business
• Strengthen your health and safety culture.
Assessment is by open book examination (OBE), which will be based on a realistic scenario. You will be asked to carry out a series of tasks using evidence from the scenario and the underpinning knowledge gained through your studies and revision. The pass mark for the assessment is 45%.
Aligned to CDM regulations, NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction (UK) is guided by legislation but focussed on best practice. The syllabus includes:
- CDM roles and responsibilities
- Health and safety culture
- Assessing risk
- Managing change
- Mobile plant and vehicles
- Working at height
- Musculoskeletal health
- Work equipment
- Chemical and biological agents
- Physical and psychological health
The NC looks at everyday solutions for construction workplace health and safety issues. When you have completed the qualification, you will be able to:
- advise on duties and manage construction risks under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015;
- justify the need for health and safety improvements;
- produce or contribute to a construction phase plan;
- help your organisation to manage contractors;
- positively influence health and safety culture and behaviour;
- carry out a risk assessment of a construction site and manage a range of construction hazards;
- recognise workplace changes and their impacts and understand how to minimise these impacts;
- 12 days; day release
- One day per week
- There are no entry requirements for this qualification, however it is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language in order to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus.
- NEBOSH recommends that learners undertaking this qualification should reach a minimum standard of English equivalent to an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or higher in IELTS tests.
- NEBOSH National diploma in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Relevant to every workplace, the NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction (UK) is ideal for managers, supervisors and anybody with construction safety management responsibilities. It’s also perfect for those embarking on a health and safety career within the construction industry, giving you a stepping stone to success.
- £1650 (includes exam)