This short course is designed to update experienced gas engineers and will enable you to prove your competence in the ACS assessments.
The Testing and Purging 1 course covers the following core competencies:
- Installation surveys
- Volume calculations
- Soundness testing requirements
- Leakage rates
- Purging requirements
- Purging rates and vent gas testing
- 2 days training and 1 day practical assessment
- Testing and Purging 1 is delivered in a classroom environment, where you will also be assessed on your knowledge of both theory and practical aspects
- The awarding body for this course is BPEC
- National Gas Training and Assessment Centre, Dunfermline Campus
You must be an experienced gas engineer with appropriate City & Guilds/SVQ qualifications in gas, plumbing/ventilation.
Those wishing to be reassessed require evidence of previous ACS accreditation which is to be presented to the Centre before the assessment can take place.
Supervisory role as a:
- Quality Assurance Engineer
- Manager of Installation or Sales Teams
- At a later date you may wish to extend your skills in domestic, LPG or commercial/industrial gas installations