The Professional Development Award in Book-keeping at SCQF level 7 offers you an opportunity to develop the knowledge and skills required for a book-keeping or financial administration support role within an organisation.
You will study on a part-time basis and will develop ICT knowledge and skills in relation to using software packages to record financial transactions and payroll processes. You will also develop skills in preparing financial information for use in decision-making within an organisation.
The PDA in Book-keeping consists of three units:
- Using financial accounting software
- Plus either recording financial information OR recording financial transactions
- This course is suitable for those employed in the accounting sector who wish to enhance their career prospects
- Mature students with evidence of work experience in a business or accounting environment but without formal qualifications are encouraged to apply
- The PDA in Book-keeping will prepare you for employment within the accounting and business sector
- On successful completion of this PDA, you may undertake further related PDAs or HN units to build your qualifications towards a full HNC in Accounting, or AAT Level 6 Diploma in Accounting
Successful completion of this course could lead to roles such as an accounting assistant or payroll clerk.