This course articulates is registered as 120 credits. Obtaining the qualification is dependent upon demonstrating competence at a senior level (e.g. senior practitioner or manager in the workplace), where you are responsible for managing staff. Accordingly, the approval of your employer is required.
Topics of relevance for study include: Leadership styles/ Child development/ Working with other professionals/ Policies and procedures/ Support and supervision/ Self-reflection/ In a children and young people setting/
- Evening and infill (must be completed within two years)
- You must be employed as a senior practitioner or manager for a minimum of 12 hours per week
- In addition, you need to have been employed for six months before the start of the course
- You will be required to demonstrate oral and written communication skills at SCQF Level 7 and have relevant work experience within the care sector
- You are required to attend an interview and undertake a written exercise demonstrating oral and written communication at SCQF Level 7, and provide a reference and endorsement from your employer